Our initial demands are:
- Open the books to show which companies that back the Israeli state the Uni is investing in and/or receiving funding from.
- Disinvestment from said companies
- To Release a statement condemning the Israeli state's attacks and blockade on Gaza
- Surplus resources (computers, books etc) to be sent to students in Gaza
- Scholarships for at least five Gazan students to study in Leeds
- No repercussion, legal or otherwise for activists
- We call on the government to condemn the Israeli state's attacks and blockade on Gaza
- To expel the Israeli ambassador from the UK
- For Israeli diplomats to lose their diplomatic status and be tried for their part in the attaks
- Demand the government does not send any military support to assist in the blockade or attacks on Gaza
We stand in full solidarity with the Gazan people and protestors around the world, including the occupiers at other universities.
We call on students from the university and the met, school and college students and members of the public from across Leeds to join us in the occupied space!